dilema... what to do :(

so i went to school to be a nurse. i almost finished but had a change of heart because i really want to work with animals (marine bio).. but i applied to a job at a hospital for some odd reason today as a cleaner.. i saw so many openings in nursing.. an i mean marine bio has a lot of openings where i live.. but what do i do?

do i make myself happy an do what i really want.. or do i settle for something i almost finished =/

any advice will help... thanks

akalei

Asked by akalei at 11:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• finish the first to make the money and then go back for the marine bio.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I say switch majors and do what you really want. If your heart is not in nursing you shouldn't be doing it. It's long hours and sometimes not very rewarding and you have to be doing it for the right reasons. Good Luck
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 11:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Finish Nursing first, then go into Marine Bio
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 12:04 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You should finish what you started and then you can go back and do something else later.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:06 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Finish the nursing. And while going to school for marine bio you could work as a nurse part time to bring in some money.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 12:27 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would set a goal for yourself to be able to do what you really want to do, even if it means working part time and schooling part time until you can reach your goal.
    I think its worth it to be in a career where you will really feel fulfilled
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:36 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• finish the nursing, there are course in there that I'm sure you'll need toward your dream job.

besides it's good money until you get through with what you'll need for your dream job.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:27 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would finish what I had started if i was close then use that job to go back and work my way towards my dream job. alot of fields can be combined in surprising ways. Like children thinking about teaching well do school nurse for awhile you can be around the kids and see how you like being back at and working at a school. Talk to people in both fields and see how they would encorporate both into thier lives. But in the end if you dont love what you do it is just a job and not a passion.
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 7:59 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• If you enjoyed nursing and and only quit because you found something you liked more, I say finish the nursing and work part time there while getting the marine bio degree. If you quit nursing because you didn't like it anymore, don't go back into it just because you are almost done. Stick with marine bio if you don't enjoy nursing.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 4:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• You need to do what is best for your family

Answer by rkoloms at 4:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2010