If you have a dachshund...... (This is just a fun one!)

......do they always have to be a blanket to sleep?? I have a doxiepin (min. dachshund/ min pin mix), and 9.75 times out of 10, you will find him under a comforter when looking for him.... It is the cutest thing ever, so cute I bought this dog his own blanket (not an expensive one, of course).... I just wondered if anyone else had one like this... :D

AdoptingMyChild

Asked by AdoptingMyChild at 12:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pets

• My short-haired dachshund has to burrow - in the comforter, in a blanket, in his little doggie sleeping bag, in a pile of laundry, in a duffle bag under my bed. He also steal panties and hides them in the duffle bag under the bed. My long-haired dachshund has never been a burrower. Or a panty raider. They are both nuts, but she's the more "normal" of the two.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 3:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My sister's min pin does that. My brother had two dachshunds and they both LOVED the blankets.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:04 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• ours is constantly under a blanket or a shirt or what ever she can find ! :D
    mommytoabrylee

Answer by mommytoabrylee at 12:11 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes, thats their nature. They were meant to be dogs used to hunting rabbits out of holes so they are known to "burrow" like that under blankets. My parents have 3- and all 3 do that :)
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 5:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• *be under a blanket to sleep.... LOL
    AdoptingMyChild

Comment by AdoptingMyChild (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• To be perfectly honest I wouldn't want a dog in my bed.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 12:06 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think it is absolutely crazy, but at the same time, it is sooooooo cute!!! LOL
    AdoptingMyChild

Comment by AdoptingMyChild (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• It doesn't matter where he is, we usually have a little throw blanket on the back of the couch, and whenever it falls, I find him under that one, or in the corner of the kitchen under "his" blanket.....
    AdoptingMyChild

Comment by AdoptingMyChild (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• under blankets, yes. eating pants and underwear, YES... sigh...
    Tigrlily07

Answer by Tigrlily07 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 17, 2010