Do you think there is a biased agains people who go to college later in their life rather than right after high school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in

• not really a bias necessarily, but its certainly easier to get through school when you're younger and don't have as many other responsibilities.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:31 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Not in my opinion,,,,I think that is amazing stuff and so much to be proud of!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I personally just did not have the motivation after high school to go to college, but now I feel ready and motivated.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• if you're in my family, yes. my family looks down on me bc i haven't finished college yet. Never mind that I've got a decent job for my age and we take care of our family without any help-nope. I suck because i haven't finished school and everyone in my graduating high school class has their degree already.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 12:36 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think so, for some people. I also think people have a biased against peopel who go to a community college rather than a university. sometimes its better that way. my friend waited two years to start school and shes doing very well. i didnt wait and i screwed away a few quarters before i matured and got my act together.
    and community college is the same edcuation, just way cheaper. I'm getting my AA at the community college to save some money so i can get a teaching degree later at a university.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:36 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I haven't noticed any. I finally finished college when I was 33.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:50 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I don't think so. I also think sometimes the age 18 is too young to decide as in what you want to do the rest of your life. Sometimes people need to take longer!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:17 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Nope. I haven't noticed that at all.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:26 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No, there is not.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I haven't noticed any and I am 39 years old and have 4 more years of school to go. I find college easier now than I did right out of high school.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2010