What if you love your job but dislike your supervisor? Would you quit?

Overhearing co-workers in a different department chatting away about how their supervisor depresses them to the point of wanting to work elsewhere. The only reason they haven't left is because they really love what they do and jobs are limited.

They all complain how she talks about them all to one another, criticizes their work, make negative comments about their attire and goes outside the job to snooping into there private lives.

One lady said shes very suspicious and the clients out complain about her. Another lady said she got so tire of being attack that she had to go over her head to her supervisor. Of course you know if others not standing with you chances are skim anything will be done. They all were in agreement she could be just okay one minute and the next hell cat.

RoyalLady

Asked by RoyalLady at 12:31 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• i'v disliked my boss before, but i didnt quit because of him.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:35 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yeah thats happening all over,,,my supervisors,,I have three and then a main boss above them. I just look at whoever is yacking away at me and asking me what the hell happened with my numbers....I have learned to shrug my shoulders and tell them, "Im doing the best I can" I also keep a daily log of my work load and extra stuff that comes up that isnt in the regular days schedule. Now,,spying on an employee outside of work? Oh heck no,,,,if that can be proved, that supervisor could get in a lot of hot water for stunts like that.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I had a supervisor that made it hell for me, once i thought she was being nice n gave me a pup that had freaking fleas!!! I was so good at what i did, i think she was just intimidated by me i had her supervisor always giving compliments about me, i did quit but not because of her.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Especially in today's economy, more people are willing to put up with a lot just to have a job. It seems like the fear of whats out there is greater than the need to stand up for yourself. Very post-depression era thinking.
    WyndenSkie

Answer by WyndenSkie at 12:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• if it's to the point of it becoming a job risk, yes i would find other employment them quit. (i've had a team leader of mine actually sabatoge work of mine because she hated me because the first day I started her bf who also worked their, said hi to me. Yeah, she was a bit psycho, and trying to talk to the owners was a joke).

if it was petty she just likes to talk crap type of thing I'd just ignore it though. If you feed the fire you'll just get burned. It's best just to keep any topics at work, work related. While these ladies are unhappy with what she talks about, it sounds like they also play a role in egging her on to continue such discussions, which will only make the situation worse. The more they just keep dull boring work related conversations around her, the less likely she'll be involved with them, and she'll move on somewhere else.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:24 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No I wouldn't quit my job.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 10:17 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would definitely get my job search in high gear!

Answer by rkoloms at 3:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2010