Alzheimers Disease

Any widgets out there for Alzheimers? I worked at a Home Health Care Agency and I never realized until then the harsh reality of this disease. And it's not just for senior men and women. I experienced new clients more and more that were ONLY 51 or 55 yrs. old that had this disease and it's very scary, there is nothing that can be done about it. you watch your loved one wither away and not know who you are on a daily basis! There is a new stamp that comes out on October 17th supporting Alzheimers and for once, if they charged 1 penny extra per stamp for this book, I would believe it would be for a worthy cause!

BigMama310

Asked by BigMama310 at 12:43 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Health

• not sure about the widget. i too would pay extra for that stamp. i recently helped a neighbor care for a man at the middle stage,,,,broke my heart.
    aruba3

Answer by aruba3 at 6:48 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Know, I don't know of any widgets, but I agree with how sad it is. My grandmother has it, and she doesn't know who I am any more. My mom visits her regularly, and has been scratched at and bitten a few times. Grandma thinks people are always trying to steal from her, so she hides everything, like her meds and even toilet paper. It's very frustrating because she can't remember where she put those things. God bless you for bringing this up. I'll try to find a widget and get back to you asap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Hey there! Me again, I found one!

http://www.caring.com/ribbons/new

I just added it to my myspace page.
    Anonymous

• ty for posting this my great grandma has alzehimers and did u know that is is heritary that scares me to death!!! its awful that my great grandma cant enjoy her family because they dont know who u are...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2008