How can I induce labor at home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• drs say walking can help speed it up
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 12:56 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• SEX!!! Lots and lots of sex!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:57 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• there's a certain pressure point a friend of mine was telling me about, that will induce labor. they learned about it in their class. you'd have to look it up though as i can't remember exactly what it was.
    Tigrlily07

Answer by Tigrlily07 at 12:57 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Walking helps so much, with your nerves,with calming baby down, and you get fresh air to boot
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• There are things out there such as EPO, Scalini's Eggplant Parmesan, and sex that MAY help ease you into labor but these things will not work if your body and baby are not ready.

Due dates are an ESTIMATE! They are not a timer. Babies come when they are ready, when they are fully developed and when it is safest for them to enter the world based on their developmental age. PLEASE be VERY careful when trying to induce labor.

I KNOW you're uncomfortable. I've been there...TWICE! But forcing yourself into labor is simply not worth the risk to your unborn baby.

AND WHATEVER YOU DO...DO NOT....I REPEAT...DO NOT using Castor Oil. It is VERY dangerous and puts you and baby at a LOT of risk.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:59 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Naturally by walking, sex, swimming, and by just waiting and letting your body do what it is suppose to do.

janette25

Answer by janette25 at 12:59 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Coming from someone who tried almost every thing but castor oil - nothing works. My baby came when he was good and ready.
    lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 1:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Trying to induce yourself is selfish and dangerous to the baby. Tired of being pregnant is just part of having babies. It's what is best for baby. I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable, I really am. What would your doctor/midwife say about this? The pressure point thing will cause contractions, but not necessarily working ones. I know how to do it. If the body is ready the contractions will continue, other than that it's useless. And human semen does not have enought prostaglandins to start labor either. Hang in there. It's what's best for baby! My boy was between 36 and 38 weeks, supposedly full term, and spent his first twelve days of life in a NICU being forced to breathe. What I would have given for another week of him staying in!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:15 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Geeze...unless you are over 42 weeks..I don't recommend doing anything.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:03 AM on Sep. 17, 2010