Nervous bout my c section, how can I relax?

momma_alie20

Asked by momma_alie20 at 12:56 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• talk to others who've gone through it.
    it all happens soo fast.
    and you might not even be awake. if the spinal doesn't work....
    well mine was kind of an emergency c section i guess, so when the spinal didnt work they put me under right away.
    woke up thinking "its only been 3 minutes, its over?" it had been 45 minutes....
    afterwards isn't too bad either.
    you'll be so happy about your baby you'll feel like its all worth it!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• If you don't mind me asking....if you are having a planned c-section...WHY did the doctor strip your membranes??
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• All my children were c-sections. I think they are the way to go, of course not knowing any other way. My recoveries were easy and my babies did not get funny shaped heads or smashed noses, or funny ears (lol). But seriously talk to your doc about your fears. I was put completely out for one and the other I had a spinal and was awake. I almost prefer to sleep through the whole thing and wake up to a new baby!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 1:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• well i have already had one.. but this one is schedualed... more time to think about it... and Im getting nervous
    momma_alie20

Comment by momma_alie20 (original poster) at 1:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I don't get it? I was thinking the same thing. Why did they strip your membranes if you are scheduled for a c section. They gave you an "optional c section"? It's safer not to be in labor during a c section, why would they risk that?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:08 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I was incredibly anxious about my c-section, so I talked to my doctor and anesthesiologist, and they wound up putting xanax in my IV as soon as the umbilical cord was cut. This helped quite a bit, especially since my section took longer because I was getting my tubes tied. Also, keep in mind that ALL women get some sort of nervous about giving birth... no matter how they deliver. Just keep in mind that you'll be just fine, and in the end you'll have your wonderful baby in your arms!
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 1:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I dont know why he did. He isnt my normal doc. My normal doc wont do the c section any ealrier eventhough I am retaining fluid so bad that my feet are huge and I gained 10 lbs in one week. But when this doc came in I was crying hysterically... I think he did it cause he knows that if I go into labor they HAVE to do the c section earlier. And he knows that I have just had enough and am in alot of pain. But it is actually good to labor some because the contractions stimulate certain horomones that mature the babies lungs the rest of the way...
    momma_alie20

Comment by momma_alie20 (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I was so nervous for my second c-section I was putting myself into panic attacks because of it. I would just keep telling myself it isn't a big deal, it's nothing. I've done it once, I can do it again. One of my very good friends had a c-section a year prior to me getting it done and she would tell me 'it's nothing, it's over before you know it and you'll be back in your room with your baby'. What are you the most worried about? The spinal? The actual surgery?
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Don't listen to people's stories. They are the worst. I cried for 3 weeks after listening to everyone horror stories. It's simple and 2 days after it happened I couldn't tell anything. After the pain meds they gave me during the c-section wore off i didn't need any. Same with my daughter but she was vaginal I never needed pain pills and couldn't tell i had a baby right after she was born
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I just found out I will be having a c-section due to medical issues and I don't know if it hasn't hit me yet or what, but I am not nervous about the surgery, but I am kind of nervous about the anesthesia as I have never had any before.
    barbie3784

Answer by barbie3784 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 18, 2010