Will my 2 yr old handle a new baby well? experiences??

momma_alie20

Asked by momma_alie20 at 12:56 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• they're gonna be excited...then jealous...then excited...then jealous lol. but by the time they're 30 they'll be friends, i promise.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 1:00 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• haha aww well idk about a 2 year old but my nephew is 3 and my boys are 1. my SIL just had a baby girl. my three year old nephew loves her, and doesnt seem jealous at all (at least when im around) one of my twins doesn't seem to notice but my other twin gets sooo jealous when I hold her!! its soo cute lol. he runs over to me and puts his head down and cries lol. I just comfort him and let him touch her hands.

i would say about 99% of kids act out and get jealous its just normal. just make sure he/she has special time with just mommy (and daddy) and make a big deal out of "being a helper" and "being a big kid" and stuff like that!!! :)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:04 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Well, He/she is gonna have to. It's not like it's an option! lol Everytime I had a baby and the other kids came to the hospital, all toddlers mind you, they would throw a temper tantrum and want to leave. Now they all play great.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:06 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• get the child a doll of their own so they can be parent to it will teach them they to can be mommy or daddy yes it does work they will be best friends later life
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:11 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• practice by being around friends with littles and holding them and talking about you giving birth and get toddle rprepared by giving them a doll to 'mother'
    i have a 2.5 year old and a 3 month old and they are best friends :)
    LaughterHugs

Answer by LaughterHugs at 1:45 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My son LOVES baby brother. Since the day I brought him home. He has not been jealous or anything I expected. He just loves him to pieces. They are one year and nine months apart.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My girls are 5, 2, and 2 months the biggest problem I have is the older 2 are always trying to hug the baby

martat

Answer by martat at 9:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My son is 22 months, my daughter is 2 months. We have had very few problems. Once or twice he has gotten upset when he wanted to play with mommy/daddy and we needed to tend to the baby but overall it's been very positive. We try to give him special one on one attention when she's sleeping.
    I also have a 9 and 10 year old who are 18 months apart - didn't have any problems there either.

Answer by missanc at 10:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2010