Do you like to host thanksgiving dinner or go to a relative's?

mom2eas

Asked by mom2eas at 1:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• i like to go my family's but i still feel a little awkward at my hub's aunt's. i'd like to host one year, though.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 1:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'd rather go to a relative's, there's too much stress when you do it yourself, lol!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:03 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I like to do a very quiet Thanksgiving dinner with just my kids and I. We have gone to a friends house, but it wasnt home and it wasnt food that was familiar. I have no family here, so I guess thats how we got into the tradition of the three of us staying home and celebrating the holiday together
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:04 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I do Thanksgiving at MIL house and Christmas at our house. Over the years, I have come to enjoy the knowledge that I am NOT cooking that day and I can wait to stress out until the day-after-Thanksgiving!
    WyndenSkie

Answer by WyndenSkie at 1:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I live with my parents. the only other family i have in town is my brother and his family and they come here. My bestfriends family invites me and my boys over but last year had to decline as my boys were only two months at the time.

my brother and his family have like four houses to go to on thanksgiving and christmas..... i count myself soo lucky
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:07 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• The last time we went to relatives I had the privelege of making desert for 40 people, they didn't have enought tables and chairs and then I wasn't included in the special group of people who got to sit at the few table spaces, and I had to sit on the floor while the stupid "grand dog" licked my plate, so I am happy to stay at home, thank you very much!!! I am tjankful I will not be giong to the relative's house for Thanksgiving this year.
    babynurse244

Answer by babynurse244 at 1:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i usually prefer to go to the relatives house because then i can LEAVE!! last four years, i worked through thanksgiving which was nice. however, this year, i will be hosting the feast
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 1:14 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• For the last 3 years since me and my husband moved in together I have hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner at my house! I am the cook of the family so I don't mind. Every now and then my mom brings a dish but only if I ask her to. It's going to be so different in the next 2 years when we move out of state and only have my hubbys mom to cook for besides us! She is disabled so I will be doing most of the cooking, but with her living with us I know she is going to help which I don't mind :) I am just going to miss MY family being there :(
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:20 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I like to go to my family's. I don't have a lot of space, and until I do, I'd rather go somewhere else.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 1:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I prefer to go to my mom's lol. She's a way better cook anyways..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:39 AM on Sep. 17, 2010