Having my next ultrasound on week 20... Will my husband and I be able to find out the gender? I heard week 22 is better.

Is 20 weeks far enough along to most likely determine the gender through utrasound? What week did you find out? Thanks in advance =)

Tamara_Fisher

Asked by Tamara_Fisher at 5:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I found out during week 22 and even then the person said they thought he was a boy, not 100% sure. His goods was where my belly button was and it was hard to get a good view. My dr usually did the ultrasounds between 20-22 weeks.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 5:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• The gender is completely done forming by the time the baby is 13 weeks gestation. We actually found out we were having a son when I was only 16 weeks!
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 5:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I found out that I was having a girl at my 19 week ultrasound, and they were right we did have a little girl. According to all that I have read, the gender is visable through ultrasound at week 16, however the futher along you are the more accurate the reading will be. Good luck, and I hope you get a beautiful baby!!
    LoftisLove

Answer by LoftisLove at 5:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i figer it out in the 17 1/2 week
    normapineda

Answer by normapineda at 6:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• We found out at week 18 with both my pregnancies.
    Liz_24

Answer by Liz_24 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i found out at 21 weeks.. they can check and see. it's more obvious with boys.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 6:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i found out at 17 weeks
    jaelynsmama07

Answer by jaelynsmama07 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• You could find out the gender of your chld by 16 weeks, My husband and I did not find out the gender of our child till' the day she was born.... we were never able to see a clear ultrasound of her genitals, she always had her legs closed or was in an ackward position....somehow my hubby always knew we were having a girl.....
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 9:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I went to one of those 4d ultrasound places at 15 weeks and they told me it was a girl, they were right.
    iri24

Answer by iri24 at 2:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Thank you =)
    Tamara_Fisher

Answer by Tamara_Fisher at 2:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2008