Working :(

I start work on Saturday and I am so nervious. I haven't worked in 12 years and I am switching places with my DH. He is staying at home and I am working. How do you find time to spend with the family? Do the nerves go away? Is there really enough of me to go around? How do you keep intune with the husband being gone? Is it hard not being around the family 100% of the time?
I know this all probably sounds silly, but it's driving me crazy!!

TxMom2324

Asked by TxMom2324 at 1:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• I know what you mean, kind of. I'm going back to work full time soon and even though I already work at least 30 hours a week I'm scared at how much less time I'll have with my son & husband even tacking on just a few extra hours each day. The only thing that's really helping me is looking forward to making the most of weekends and days off!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:24 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• BREATHE :) waiting to start is always the hardest part. I feel this way about starting classes next week after being home all summer with my boys. I'm so worried about putting them in daycare and not being able to spend time with them! but I know that its all going to come on monday and im going to have to go to school and ill get to come home and see them. it doesn't matter how nervous you are or arent, its going to happen. idk if that makes sense but thinking about that way sometimes makes me less nervous? haha idk i hope that makes sense.

also, make sure you mark on the calender special days you have off that you can all do something together, that shouldhelp you feel less like you wont have time with them and give you somethign to look forward too!!!

good luck, have fun! :D
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:24 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Honestly, I like having a job. It makes me appreciate my family more; it's that saying, how can I miss you if you never leave? I'm just happier when I have a job!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:26 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• It'll be fine. And you'll appreciate time with them so much more!
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 1:30 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• YOu can do it :) I was very nervous when I went back too, and was ready to quit before I even gave it a chance. But it ended up being a very good thing for our family. Dad and son get "dude time" in the evening when I am gone, and I get a little time away. The good outweighs thebad, for us anyway. Good luck!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Good Luck
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 7:56 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• First, calm down. It will seem really overwhelming in the beginning, but once you get into a routine, it won't be that bad.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• How was your first day? Do you enjoy your new job?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2010