Cord Blood?

Did you have your Baby's Cord Blood Banked?

If so, with whom and do you know how much it cost?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 1:30 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My babies get to keep all their blood from day one, we don't clamp or cut the cord until it has completely stopped giving the baby all of it's blood.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 1:55 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• omg that is so expensive!!!! i dont remember the exact numbers but it was going to be like $100 to register and idk another $50 or something else and then like 250 a month to keep it banked

AND I HAVE TWINS

such a great idea. definatly not do able for me

I was going to get it donated! but that is really hard to cordinate. they definatly don't make it easy :/
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:33 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have been thinking and researching about doing it. The company that was recommended by my OB is CBR (Cord Blood Registry). The costs start and range from $1850 for cord blood and $1850 for cord tissue plus fees for starting that are approximately $500-$1000. Then it is $125 a year for each to store every year until the child reaches 18. You can also stop paying anytime for storage fees and they keep it stored for you and if you change your mind at anytime you just need to pay back for the time you didn't pay.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 1:37 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have been reading about it. My Daughter was born with a Congenital Heart Defect and it really made me look into this option a lot more. Our baby will be here in a few weeks and I want to do this but I don't know if we can afford it.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 1:35 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• we donate ours! We have 5 kids and could never afford to bank them all :(
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2010