Everyone I know has had their baby, and now I just feel completely alone.

I'm 32 weeks and getting so anxious. Before at least I'd have pregnant girls to talk to but like I said they've all had their kids. Plus now all my mom ever talks to me about is stuff to freak me out. I've been such a happy prego girl and she keeps telling me that I'll probably be depressed after I have the baby and that if I stay home from work (they don't count it against you at my work if you're pregnant) that I'll get fired and lose the house. Then the thing I was really looking forward to was us getting our nails done tomorrow before my baby shower and she completely forgot. :/
I guess I just need some comfort right now. My husband is amazing and helps me so much, but it's not like he's going to get his nails done with me and he can't always fix things after my mom's gotten me upset. Aren't you supposed to NOT stress pregnant girls out?

ours

Asked by ours at 12:46 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It is normal to feel stressed out when you are close to having the baby. Unpregnant people forget how hormones effect a preggo woman. My mom made my last pregnancy miserable. She didn't even come to the hospital when my son was born. I would just surround myself with supportive people. At the very least, surround yourself with people who aren't negative and stressful. Enjoy the last part of your pregnancy. Don't let people ruin it for you.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 1:35 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i agree. just take things one step at a time. i am the only one of my close friends that has babies. and i feel alone. like they can do whatever they want and i cant. i dont regret my kids and never will but i wish they had kids too lol. and when i was pregnant nobody understood me. they all thought i was nuts and it was hard to talk to them about anything like the baby move or kick because everyone... EVERYONE thought that was nasty. but i thought it was beautiful and i actually miss that. :(
    melissa089

Answer by melissa089 at 2:32 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Man, I know how you feel. I am 39 weeks pregnant and have no one to talk to. Don't let other people's worries stress you out. People find different things challenging and I have learned that there are no set rules. Like the whole, "you will never have sex once you are married" crap! Please, that was the farthest from the truth. I know other people must be having sex too, otherwise how would they all be getting pregnant! Anyways, this is a great place to share your woes when there is no one around physically to help (besides your wonderful husband!), so let it out girl! Oh by the way, Not only am I am still working full time, but they hired me when I was 7 months pregnant! Sometimes you just have one of those great jobs that lets you do that. Most other people don't understand, they are not that lucky : )
    KeeleyDawn

Answer by KeeleyDawn at 3:44 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I'm 31 weeks...I've been alone this ENTIRE pregnancy. Not one single person outside of CafeMom to talk to. I'm the first one of my friends to get pregnant...none of my family members are pregnant at this time...it's been a sad, lonely road :( It's one thing to talk to "moms", but it's another thing entirely to talk to people who are pregnant and are going through the exact same thing at the exact same moment I am.

My mom has been a real bitch to me too all this time. She's CONVINCED that I'll get PPD, and she's kicking my boyfriend and I out when my daughter is four months old regardless of whether I have a job to support us or not. Blahhhhh.

Let's just enjoy these last few weeks huh? It'll all be so different once our babies get here xD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:11 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Caitxrawks, doesn't it suck when you're actually REALLY excited to be a mom and then people (like our moms) start making us think about PPD? It's not preparing us for anything, only making us scared and ruining our excitement. If I didn't know better, I'd say people saying negative things to you and bringing you down could be one of the causes of PPD.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2008