would you give your neighbors money?

if they asked? my neighbors seriously knock on my door once a week, at least, and ask for money. the only week they don't is (i'm assuming this) their independence card gets refilled. i refuse to give them money bc i know they buy drugs...what would you do? they're driving me nuts!

erinwhitt

Asked by erinwhitt at 1:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We had a woman who rented the house next door. She came once a day for something. A ride, to use our phone, to borrow money, food, tools...the list goes on. I have no problem with the proverbial cup of sugar now and then, but this was ridiculous! I just stopped answering the door.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:28 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• are they resonable at all? have you flat out told them, I can't afford to give you money.... ever, stop asking.

then again if theyre druggies, they probably wont listen to anything youre saying
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:40 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would move. Or call the cops on them, file a restraining order for harassment.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:33 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would call the cops and report them. There is no reason that you should have to put up with that.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• say no or don't answer the door
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 1:42 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i didnt even want to move here. i was staying at my grandmother's helping her out and then my aunt started feeding into her neurotic dementia. my grandmother accused me of stealing from her-its all in her head and she needs to be in a home! i gave up my 40+hr a week job and my house, moved in with her and then had to move out less than a month later because she claimed i was stealing and my aunt went along with it-bc i kept telling her she had to stop sending her kids over for my grandmother to watch because they were interfering with gram's schedule! so i got this shitty apartment nearby bc its all i could afford since i couldn't find another full time job right away and now i have to deal with white trash bc my aunt needs free daycare from my senile grandmother. UGH.
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 1:41 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oh hon, that is awful!!! Well, I am sure you are making plans to leave.
    When the neighbors come to your door, do you answer it every time????????????????
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:34 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'd call the cops! Till then don't answer the door.
    mom-de-uno

Answer by mom-de-uno at 2:53 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Well i wouldn't answer your door but honestly this just sounds like an all around bad situation for you and your children to be in right now and i would try to do something to get away from this hood your stuck living in. I can't stand to have people banging at my door everyday I would have to go mental on someones knocking if they just didn't get it. I will not support someones drug or drinking habit i will give someone food all day long but drugs and drinking you have got to be kidding me for real. I wish you get the hell out of the hood soon momma keep your shit close to you and your kids closer.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:24 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would put a sign on my front door
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 6:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2010