My husbands ex wife treats us like crap.

She refers to me as the home wrecker and talks smack about us in front of everyone, sd included. She contacts him all the time and turns situations around to make it seem like our fault if things don't go her way. I am sick of her but really feel bad for her. Dh says ignore her but it's hard. She acts as if she is still married to him. We are great parents to my dh's dd, very responsible and happy...except for this. We want what's best for sd so a good relationship and open communication are important to us. We would rather all of us be civil but it's been almost 3 years of so much negativity from her and I don't see an end to this bad behavior. What is it going to take to make it stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• just try to stay above it. my mom was like that, constantly hassling my dad and his wife and in the end, i saw what she was really like and i was able to respect my stepmother for the class she had shown.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 1:49 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Did he cheat on her with you?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:47 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Shes not going to stop unless you have her sign over her parental rights and then did a protection order against her. Good luck
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 1:47 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Did he cheat on her with you?

I am curious if you were the other woman too. If so she probably is never going to have any respect for you or him. She also knows if he will cheat with you he will cheat on you so maybe she doesn't want her child bonding with someone who won't be around much longer.

If you didn't cheat with him she probably is just nuts and you will have to find a way to deal. In time it might get better but who knows. This is what comes with being with someone who has the baggage of an ex wife.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 11:55 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yep...if you were the "home wrecker" as in he cheated on her with you, I would not hold out much hope on her changing her tune. This is a bitter pill for her to swallow. You will always be viewed as the home wrecker. Moral of the story...don't sleep with married men.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Woo-hoo! I can finally answer anonomously. No, I was not a home wrecker. He fell in love with me and realized that he was not willing to work on his marriage. He left her and then approached me. She is convinced we fooled around but that is not the case. Whatever, I know the truth and she is a dried up old tart that desperately needs to get over it!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Nov. 2, 2010