My sister's boyfriends ex-wife is being mean to her. What can she do to keep peace?

Boyfriend's ex-wife is mean to my sister & gives her boyfriend a hard time for having their children around her. Any suggestions what she can do to at least make the situation liveable?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 1:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• ignore it?
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 2:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Why don't they all just throw it all out on the table and be adults and act like adults.

My hubby ex and I have never had issues with one another ever. What didn't work between them two works for us and we are happy together. We don't get along for the children we really do like one another. It also makes it nice for the children that we all can do stuff together and we don't have to have seprete birthdays or christmas's we all do it together and that's way it should be. We all have this one thing in common "we all love the kids". It makes things so much easier in the end.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'm happy for you raemommy. I wish others would follow in your footsteps! We'd probably have less wars!!! But in the real world, there are a lot of angry, hurting, and resentful relationships, especially when it comes to the ex- spouse. Who ever felt they got the short end of the stick often takes that stick and beat the other with it useing their hateful words or actions. Like, "You'll never see your children again." What does that accomplish? A child who has relationship issues the rest of their lives! We have so many disfunctional familes it makes me sad! Now the rare relationship is what you have! And disfunction is the norm. How we have changed in the last 30 years. I wish I knew why they feel their actions is going to help anyone? Men aren't going to change. You cut them off, they'll start another family. Then both you and the child/children left behind suffer because you can't get past the divorce. Its too sad...
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 4:15 AM on Sep. 17, 2010