Pregnant and drank Wild Cherry Pepsi tonight

I am 37 weeks pregnant and I had some Wild Cherry Pepsi with dinner. I was craving soda really bad and had some of DH soda. Now baby is kicking and moving a lot. Do you think that is why she keeps kicking? She is going crazy! I didnt drink that much and I dont really drink often. I am a little worried She is going to break free, tonight? Am I just a little paranoid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• She's just kicking because of the sugar and caffeine. DON'T make it a habit because it isn't good for baby's heart. One coke should be ok though as long as its not everyday or a lot in the day.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:26 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have one coke a day to prevent caffeine headaches. I have noticed that sometimes by daughter will move alot after I drink one. Soda is ok in moderation.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 2:28 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I drank soda when I was preggo and both my baby boys came out healthy, as for the kicking it's a good thing lets you know the baby is alive and kicking, I would just sit down put your feet your feet up and relax, the further along you get the more kicking your going to feel.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:45 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• your baby will be fine. i also drank soda with both my pregnancies. if i didn't get any caffine i got headaches and i still do. both my little ones are fine. just don't over do it. you can even drink 1 a day, it won't have any effect on your baby. if anything your little one will kick around a little more, like she is now.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 3:06 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• With two elementary school kids with extracurriculars I need a cup of coffee everyday around dinner time to keep me going or I would crash at one of their practices. My doctor told me 1-2 cups of coffee or cans of soda a day was fine as long as I drank pleanty of other noncaffeine beverages throughout the day as well.
    fatcat0908

Answer by fatcat0908 at 8:48 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I drank pop when pregnant with my son although it was later in pregnancy than what i started with this one.... dr says its ok as long as it is not all that you drink....
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 9:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• As long as you stay under the caffeine daily limit, you should be okay. There's actually a LOT less caffeine in that pop than any coffee drinks. Just don't forget, chocolate has caffeine too!
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 2:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I am with lady ambiton! My doctors have always told me to have 1-2 sodas a day to prevent caffeine withdrawls! I amhaving # 5 nd have seen about 12 doctors ( military, you rarely see the same one...LOL) All say it is just fine!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I myself have never had much caffeine even pre-pregnancy, but sometimes I want a little sip here and there and when I do, the baby is very active, but when my mom was prego with all her 8 kids, she lived off soda and nothing else and all of us are fine- no health problems or anything.
    barbie3784

Answer by barbie3784 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• The sugar makes the baby more active. My OBGYN said that if I didn't feel the baby kick and wanted to make sure he was okay that I should drink a glass of orange juice to see if he would kick. If there were no kicks at all, I would have to call the OBGYN and let her know. (My doctor is very cautious, and I love it.) Thankfully, my baby boy kicked when I did that. If it really bothers you, though, and you are really concerned, I would call my OBGYN to make sure. Congratulations!!!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 12:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2010