Would you rather see husbands clean, cook, & care for baby while you work?

We see husband's leaving the cleaning, the cooking, and caring for the children to us while then come home to sit in front of the TV or Internet, because we're the mom? Would you rather see them have to work, clean, etc... for once while get to come home to sit and watch another Lifetime Movie?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 2:50 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm a SAHM but dh does lots of things around the house and on the weeknds when he is off w try to relax together and do leisurely things. It doesn't bother me to do the cleaning and child-raising and all of that, it is what has to be done because no one else is going to do it and when I became SAHM I knew it went with the title, same when I had my kids. I CHOSE to have them. I knew what I was getting into. Dh knows that when he is off work he is expected to help out around the house with things. He does all of the yard work, pays the bills, does just about all the errands, takes the trash out, cleans the litterbox, bathes the kitty, cleans the microwave, cleans the oven and stove, cleans the fridge and the reast he helps me out with occassionaly-rarely. He is also very handy around the house and with the cars so it saves us $. He's very valuable to have around and I appreciate any help I can get aside from his outside jobs!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:04 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My OH despite working watching our son and does cleaning etc so I don't have that problem but for others it would be nice if men helped them out.
    DeansMother

Answer by DeansMother at 3:33 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'm a sahm also, and my husband does very little around the house. It just isn't a fix-it kind, He does do alot of errands and such though, and he is a good father and provider. It allows me to stay home with my girls, and now they are in school, I am still staying home, so I say its my job to cook, clean and whatnot.
    Carol936

Answer by Carol936 at 7:26 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'm a wahm-- and when hubs gets home I 'go to work'-- which means he is in charge of the kids and house. Sure there are times when I wish he would do more (like load the dishwasher, or get the kids to pick out their clothes for the next day) but I realize he is tired from working and I am lucky that he does all he does. Especially now that I am working full-time and the poor guy has to wait till I am done work before he can go to bed (my office space is in my bedroom).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:08 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I am a SAHM. It is my job to cook, clean and whatever else since my husbands pays the bills. I don't mind it and I love being availiable for my husband and children at anytime.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I am a SAHM and happy to be doing what I do. I would much rather spend this time with my kids than work. When he gets home, the work is pretty much split 50/50 . Saturday and Sunday mornings he gets up with our 2 year old so I can sleep in. He does probably a lot more than he should, and I'm grateful to him for that.

Answer by missanc at 9:53 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• When my DH was laid off he cleaned and looked after our boys, but cooking ...not so much, but I am fine with that. Now he is back to work thank heavens!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Im a traditionalist! I am a SAHM, and I do those things, and I enjoy them, but my DH is military and works ALL THE TIME< and when we have a new baby (number 5 due in JAN) he gets 6 weeks of paid leave, and he does all night duties! (pump and he bottle feeds) even when he isnt on leave he still helps clean on weekends, helps with baths, cooking, and bedtime! SO we have it worked out!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I know, if he could, he would do it and that is good enaugh for me.
    Last week, while I was at work, he put new sheets on all the beds. Opend the windows, freshened up the whole house, hoovered everywhere and cooked dinner ... I was over the moon when I came home! .... After that he was sick for days! Almost suffocating from backpain and unable to sleep because of shortage of breath (all that dust).
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2010