hair loss

i have been losing alot of hair for the past few months, i have been to the doc and the thyroid test came negative.. i was a little anemic, thats all.. am thinking it might be because am on a diet, trying to lose some baby fat.. , my hair needs a lot of help, its not the hair i used to have before i had my baby, its very dry, freezy and thinning. if any of u know of a good hair treatment, shampoo, ot anything thatm might help, i would appriciate it.,

ashley387

Asked by ashley387 at 3:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• A good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner is a must. Try Herbal Essences in the big blue bottle. Also, do a pre-shampoo with baby shampoo. This sounds crazy but it makes your hair really soft. When you are shaving legs in the shower or washing, let the conditioner sit on your hair and don't rinse it out until the very end. When you are all done and the hair is rinsed, turn your water to cold and rnse your hair all over with that. It confuses your hair cuticle to go from hot-cold and will add shine to your hair. If your hair has split-ends or hasn't been ut in the last 2 months, go get it trimmed. Lay off the haircolor and highlights awhile until its more healthier. Take vitamins everyday and drink water that equals in ounces half of what you weigh. If you weigh 120, then drink 60 oz. a day. Try not to burn your hair while styling. Using a smoothing creme like Frizz Ease Straightening Creme will help.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:14 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• thanks hun, what great advise, am so gonna try that, am this comes handy coz i have a baby so i dont have to buy baby shampoo:-))
    ashley387

Comment by ashley387 (original poster) at 3:17 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Use a wide tooth comb when hair is wet to detangle and don't brush hair aggressively. A lot of people don't need to was their hair daily, it can go every other day between washings. Washing hair everyday is the single most reason for dry hair. Shampoo is made to remove oil. Problem is it starts to remove moisture too when its done in excess. Conditioner is your best friend. Also try avoiding hairspray for awhile because its drying too. Tey alternating shampoos from one to another because if you always use the same one your hair catches on and won't look as good. Herbal Essences is very good and it wont break the bank. I've been through cosmetology and also get coplimented at least once a week on my hair since I was little. Its all because I take very good care of it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• honestly, if you are dieting you need to make sure you are taking proper vitamins to make up for some the nutrients your body is missing out on. Since hair is made of protien and you brought up dieting, I'm betting your body is in serious need of some. Anemia can also cause hair loss.

As for hair treatments.. a good PROFESSIONAL shampoo and conditioner are your best bet. Such as Joico k-pac, paul brown ressurrect, etc.
    be sure to shampoo the root area only (the rest will rinse down and do it's job without overly damaging the ends)..

and apply conditioner mostly to the ends.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• switching from hot to cold will NOT confuse the hair cuticle. And if you are blowdrying after you shower it is completely unnecessary.
    there are bonds in your hair that are altered, but cool air is just as sufficient at re altering as cold water.

a thermal protectant spray is good to use before blow drying and curling or straightening your hair. alternating shampoos does nothing, it's best just to use a GOOD shampoo from the beginning. (alternating is just an old wives tale).

(yes I'm a stylist)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Proffessional products are overrated. Hair gets just as clean and shiny, etc with what you buy at Walmart ;-).
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:39 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I know what I'm talking about, Ashley. Nothing I have told you was false in any way. I have actually had people offer to pay me to GIVE them my hair in the form of a wig. I have strangers come up to me and run their fingers all through it and marvel at its beauty. I'm not shy about saying it either. I take excellent care of it and you can have beautiful hair too. I'd just hate to see you waste money on "proffessional products" .
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:44 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I use Argan oil , castor oil which i mixed in one bottle and i put it all over my hair for 40mn befor taking shower once / week .. you'll see the huge difference after trust me , and i use PH neutral shampoo ( baby shampoo ) and i made a smal search concerning that by my owne cause i lost a lots of hair and specailly in that period of SPRING ( as trees lose her hair we lose ours too lolll ), i just red that we have to change cahmpoo every 3 months .
    Indian use AMLA oil , if you could find it in supermarchek ( it dznt cost lot )
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 4:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Hair loss can be caused by stress. I'd also not use a hair dryer. I have heard of people having trouble with their hair after a baby. Also after losing weight. I'm afraid I can't add anything else to the other advice you've been given but I have trouble in the winter with my hair and I have to use conditioner. You could also check with your hairdresser about the best products to use.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 5:17 AM on Sep. 17, 2010