can you track numbers on a cell phone bill, via the provider website, or parental controls?

will it show the numbers that have text messages sent to and from ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Not sure but I know you definitely can find out everything that your kid has been doing on a cell phone by calling customer service. I had a relative that used to work for a cell phone company in customer service and you wouldn't believe(or maybe you would) what some teens do. Some of them think by deleting calls on the phone and texts that it won't show up on the bill lol. Knowing what I know about teens and cell phones I don't think i'm going to let ds and dd have one until they're married lol
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:50 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Not sure but you can all customer service I am sure and check out the numbers.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• It depends on who is providing your service. You can see all numbers via your online statement with ATT. But with Verizon - you can't see the text numbers, just the number of texts. But for the most part, no you won't be able to see the text numbers.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Sprint shows the numbers of those you call but im not sure about the text. I've heard you can call the provider and ask
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Ya you may be able to get that info thru your cell phone carrier and be able to get an access code to look that type of stuff up...maybe even be able to read the text as well.
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Sounds like calling the provider is your best bet, but I have noticed with quite a few providers that you can view it online.

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You can see phone numbers on your bill. Text messages cannot be seen. Not even calling the provider, they don't keep text messages on file. That is what Sprint and AT&T told me and others who asked.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I don't think the phone companies keep text messages on record but I'm pretty sure you can see what numbers the kids are texting from your online bill.
    russianitk

Answer by russianitk at 4:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• We have Verizon and I can see what numbers send and receive texts and calls from my girls phones on line. If you want a copy of the texts I think for a fee they will send them to you.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Verizon does not keep copy of texts that are sent thru its system. They can't afford the computer servers it would take to save all that data. The only way to read what a text says is to take your child's phone and hope that they haven't erased them.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2010