Have you had this issue with your doctor about your depo shot?

They make you take a pregnancy test if your more then a few days late? I've been taking it on and off for 10 years and it's always been 2week/14days late and then you had to do that test. Well for the last two years if I'm just a little late they make me do it. Theyeven debate me that one time it been 2 weeks and I'm like no it's 2 weeks tomorrow. Well today I was 9 days and they claim that was too long I was like what. So they said it's no big deal just take a pregnancy test well what should of been 5 minutes turned into 35 minutes and ate a bunch of my time. I plan on complaining but again just been so busy and made worse by being off my times.

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 4:19 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Health

• i dont but gl and here's a bump
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I lost my period when I too my shot. The only time they need to test you is when you first get the shot, after that, if you get your shot every 3 months on time there shouldn't be additional tests. Many women lose their period like me so that is pointless to do.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:43 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• ummm most lose their periods on the depo so being "late" is normal with it. But just be careful, it's recommended to not be on the depo for more than 3 years because of it's high risk of bone loss/osterperosis.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I was told after 2 years it was not good to get on because of the effect on my bones.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I've lost mine too. And since it was 9 days after my due it's not like a pregnancy test would even show it that fast I don't really know what they are thinking with this.
    whoreallycares

Comment by whoreallycares (original poster) at 5:28 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Mom2jack- no not late on my period, late getting the shot on time. I don't even have periods anymore.

Mamaofficer- yes it can under the age of 32. But that's why I tend to jump around on different BCs. Plus my husband was navy so anything he left I stopped it.
    whoreallycares

Comment by whoreallycares (original poster) at 7:22 AM on Sep. 23, 2010