24 weeks pregnant & sick

I have a dry scratchy throat and stuffy nose. An occasional cough but a frequent sneeze. I'm really unconfortable. What can I take?

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 4:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I just let my cold run it's corse when I was pregnant because I was very unsure about what to take , I used the Ricola brand cough drops for my throat
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 5:40 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oh i just stumbled on this site
    www.safefetus.com/aboutus.htm
    I think it will help you out
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 5:55 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I would ask my doctor before taking anything.

Feel better =)
    mommycoleyy88

Answer by mommycoleyy88 at 9:00 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I think most antihistamines are safe (Benadryl, Zyrtec, Claritin) but decongestants can have issues on blood pressure. The antihistamines will help with the sneezing and runny nose. I'm high risk and was still told I could take these.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 2:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• why dot you ladies evr call your ob office and ask? I never understood that!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Tylonel but you can ask your dr also...
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Talk to your OBGYN or midwife! Either one of them should know what is safe to take at this point in pregnancy. If it were my baby, I wouldn't trust anyone else to tell me what to take and not to take because the placenta is not very good at keeping things from passing to the baby like the breast milk is. I got sick during my pregnancy as well and called my OBGYN immediately. They called me back very quickly and told me what the medicines I could take. I know how unpleasant it is to be sick while you are pregnant. I hope that you get to feeling better soon and congratulations!!!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 12:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2010