When did your kids stop doing Santa?

assuming you let them in the 1st place

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 5:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• I'll let them decide when they don't believe in Santa.
    Oh and Mom2Just1 and all moms who think like that...it's not about lying. It's about keeping their imagination vast and imaginative. It's magical and I was never 'depressed' when I grew out of Santa and knew he wasn't real. And I even caught my mom doing the presents and I wasn't shocked.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 12:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• This past yr he is 9... he asked if Santa was real and
    we told him that WE were his Santa.... now his list has gotten
    longer...LOL...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:14 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• 10 or so

Answer by louise2 at 5:47 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• At the end of grade school, we stopped Santa. They actually had it all figured out before, but it was still fun. When grade school ended, so did Santa's visits to our home. When middle school began, my children began playing Santa to others.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 1:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I never told him santa was real. Sorry... i hate lying.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• We told ours (to soften the blow) that Santa stops coming once you hit your teens since there's so many kids in the world, and he can't get them all, so he has to set a limit. I wouldn't go to that length, BUT my Autistic boys are mentally behind in their maturity and this makes it easier for them right now.

I feel they will understand that when they are older cuz Mom and Dad didn't want them to feel sad at the time when there's so many negatives going on in their lives right now, looking forward to Santa is one thing they have thats positive.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 7:20 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My son asked at 10 or 11..I finally conceded at 11. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• my 7 year old still believes....if she still believes by ten i think im going to have to break it to her llol...because that is to old imo....
    KME3

Answer by KME3 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• 10
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:51 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Mrs. Halloween, an imagination can be vast without Santa Clause. Novel as the idea may seem, imagination isn't about the stories your told, but the stories you invent yourself! Do what you want but the defensiveness you experience when someone says it's about lying for you is the same that we experience when you say our kids won't have a vast imagination because we don't tell them a story about a dude in a red suit. BTW, regardless of the imagination question, the magic of Christmas is not lost on kids who don't believe in Santa either. I never did and I always get caught up in the sentiment and wonder of the season, the songs, light, food, spirit of giving. I adored Chris Van Allsburg's book The Polar Express. You don't have to believe something is true to feel the magic of the story/season. My imagination was also sparked by many other stories that I didn't have to believe to love.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 19, 2010