Is it true that eating food with a lot of sodium causes the baby's skull to harden, which then makes it harder to push through the vaginal canal?

food, health, pregnancy, labor

luv_malt_shakes

Asked by luv_malt_shakes at 5:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have never EVER heard of that before. I would have to say it's false. You will want to keep an eye on sodium and salt while pregnant because it causes water gain.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• and god-awful swelling in the neck and hands! =(
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 5:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• no, i have never heard that before, I have heard that if you eat too much salt while pregnant that your feet swell.
    mommy-in-pink

Answer by mommy-in-pink at 5:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i've always been one to "flavor my food" with salt... i didn't have any problems pushing my 8lb-er out.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 6:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Never heard of this, but too much sodium in your diet can cause you to gain five pounds in one week. that should be reason enuff to keep it in moderation.
    Anonymous