Is there a 6 months growth spurt??

DS is 6 months old and will usually go at least 3 hours at night between feedings (he is breastfed only) WELL the last 2 nights all he wants to do is nurse. It is almost 4 am and I have given up on all sleep for tonight casue he is nursing for about 30minutes every hour and is now wide awake =(

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 6:42 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All babies are different, but in general you can expect a growth spurt around 6 months. Definitely sounds like your son is going through one now. Hang in there, mama! It'll be over before you know it!
    StarGirlD

Answer by StarGirlD at 7:03 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I agree, Sounds like a growth spurt! My little one will usually eat a TON one week then sleep a lot the next week which helps with catching up on missed sleep. You can look forward to that!
    AuroraMoon

Answer by AuroraMoon at 7:36 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes, expect another crazy one at nine months, then 12 months, 15 months etc. There can be also mini spurts between. Babies just grow very rapidly and there are intervals to prepare for. Expect your favorite outfts to not fit all at once :)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• HUGE spurt at six months. They generally come at intervals divisible by three. But they can happen at any time.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yep. totally happened to me. I was like... what happened everything was going so well!? but it passed and sleep filled nights have returned :)
    TwinMamaKels

Answer by TwinMamaKels at 2:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2010