• In the Spotlight:

help me please mother in law/day care

ok so i recently enrolled my kids in day care so i can work my mother in law made me feel bad that i was putting them in there she usually watches them on fridays and saturdays when i work but she said its not worth putting them in and they might be mean to my kids and i should work nights so my husband can work days so now im debating weather or not to put them in can someone help me who has put there kids in daycare share there experiance with me so i can have some reasurance that they will be fine i toured the place and loved it everything looks great my kids liked it please help me they have never been away from me but my in law is really makin me scared that somethin might happen to them

Mommyandreaof2

Asked by Mommyandreaof2 at 1:03 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• Both of my kids have been in daycare, as I have had to work full time. If you have to work, you have to work. If you have toured the daycare, asked questions, and feel comfortable, then the kids will be ok. The new routine will be hard at first, but they will get used to it. My son has gone to the same church based daycare for 2.5 years and LOVES it. They are like grandmas there. They treat the children like their own. My point is, when you find a good place, it all works out.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 1:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Let me ask you something please, Who is making the decision? I f you toured the facility and your children liked it, why let you mil do that to you. Try it out for a week if the kids complain take them out. It isn't any harder than that. Millions of parents put their kids in daycare and the kids are fine. There is no reason for it to be any different for your kids. My sister just put her kids in daycare after never being away from her and they love it. It doesn't hur to try the daycare out for a while first, and see what happens.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 1:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• This is such a tough ?.
    I put one of my children in the YMCA and she loved it!! I knew nothing terrible was going on because of the way she acted when I dropped her off and when I picked her up. She always wanted to go there:)

I have heard a lot of horrible stories about daycares from friends, though. And one of my friends runs a daycare and I would never bring my children to her!!

I guess in my opinion you won't know if you made the right decision until you see how your children react to the situation after a couple of weeks in. Go with your gut feeling!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• That's your descion and your kids if that's what you want to do then do it she will be all right. If you don't trust the dacare with your kids then take them out and you can always do pop ins at the daycare.
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 9:47 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Definatley ask questions and lots of them, take a tour of the daycare facility and ask for REFERENCES and follow up on them. You will get a feel for the teachers and the facility trust me your momma instincts will kick in. And remember you have to do what's right for you and your family. You gotta do whatcha gotta do! Good Luck!
    camjay

Answer by camjay at 8:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2008