What name does your pet have and what made you come up with that name????

My cats name is Brittany Spears-Brittany for short. My son named her, She is a very curious cat-opens cupboards-favorite time to move about is at night. Every once in a while I hear a crash, I know it is her.

CatPaws2

Asked by CatPaws2 at 6:49 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pets

• Winston, cuz he's a British Mastiff..... after Winston Churchhill
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:50 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Kota Blue Storm. She's a blue merle rough collie. We was going to name her LaKota because her face kinda looks like she has "warpaint" So we shortened it to Kota and Blue Storm is names from her sire and dam.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:53 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Herc, which is short for Hercules! My parents had a mythology name pattern going on when they got him. Hes a black lab, Then we have Shey, a cat, She was named for her then blue eyes (again I didn't name her) Then there is Cuddles (Again He's a cat & I didn't name him) Then there is Lucky-He's a dog, his full name on his papers is Lucky Booger- He got named Lucky because we had no plans on bringing home a dog, but he was just so small & sad looking in the pet shop. Then there is Pebbles,(we didn't name her, she was saved from a man who was going to shoot her when she was only 6 months old.) Scrappy (he was named from Scooby Doo's little buddy.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My fish's name is Haku (the main character in the Anime "spirited away") AND, our snail's name is Sakura. Not sure where DD got that name, probably from another Anime. We're getting a kitty today & we're not sure what to name it. So far, we've gone through all the names in Avatar the last air bender...Ang, Zukko, Sokka....we'll narrow it down i guess.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• sky=dog=she was completely white and had the bluest eye's i have ever seen on a dog!
    shyloe=Cat= she was very shy and was always hiding under things!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 7:14 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• DOG

Kaiti - Because I love the name "Katie" and yet did not want to name a child that, so named my dog it

CATS

Josey - Hubby named her, not sure why he chose that name

Misti - First name that came to my mind when I saw her

Mazie - She survived difficulties as a kitten before we got her and "amazing mazie" came out of my mouth almost immediately and so that became her name

Jayme - Friend of mine named her

Cassie - Not sure, just felt like she should be a Cassie

RABBIT

Belbo - Came to us as an adult stray and started out as Bella (from Twilight), but DD couldn't pronounce it right, always said Belba. Found out that Bella was a boy, so we just took DD's pronounciation and made it Belbo

Tazz - Because she's psycho
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:14 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My English Bulldog's name is Bill. He was named after my dad's cat who died the week before we got him. My dad's cat was blue point siamese and was named after the cat in the Bloom County comic strip
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:14 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Reagan is our pit bull mix, she was the hardest for me to come up with that name. I ended up picking it out of a pet name book. Beau is a flat-coat retriever mix and we went with the Dukes of hazard.
    T.C is a pit bull mix. He was in such horrible shape when we found him on the streets that my daughter insisted he need a strong name. T.C stands for Tabor Calvin which was my Dad's name but it is turned around so that we could use the initials. WE found him last December and my Dad had passed last October.
    Our cats Mystery is a solid black cat that my daughter named after the sea horse on spongebob. Mouse (black and white tux) was so tiny when we found her litter at 2 weeks of age that she reminded us of a Mouse. Penelope (penny for short) (black and white) her name just popped into my head.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Paris Lola and Bella Mia are our Chihuahuas. I am mostly French and my ds is 1/2 Italian and we wanted to choose names that represented our nationalities. I know that Paris Lola is not REALLY French.. but I couldn't think of any authentic female French names that I liked.
    Our cat (who is missing) is Spazzy Kitty.... because he is a Spaz
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:16 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• We named our cat Shivers. We chose this name because she is a stray and when we found her it was freezing outside and she was shivering. She is the most lovable and funny cat. Our white Brittney Spaniel dog is named Lily Belle. We chose this name because Lilies are white and Belle because our daughter really liked Belle from Beauty and the Beast at the time.
    stedim

Answer by stedim at 9:37 AM on Sep. 17, 2010