What curtains are going right now? Is sheer still in?

I want new curtains for my bedroom. Everything looks ro be the long heavy looking curtains. I was thinking of just a valance or maybe some sheer. But I am trying to modernize my room, so I don't want something out of date. Any suggestions.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have seen some patterned sheers lately in a couple of model homes for new developments. Then there was a shade or blind underneath to bring down at night. The sheers went all the way to the ceiling. It makes the windows appear much taller and dramatic.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:36 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Window treatments are what you want, if you want sheers, put in sheers. The issue with "out of date" is that what's in this year, won't be next year and do you really want to spend your money updating every year? It is far better to go with what you like.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2010