flu shot

My dd 13 months old had a flu shot on her 12 month checkup. The Dr said to do a follow up shot in 1 month. Well I totally forgot the appt (which I've never done before) I feel so stupid and embaressed that I could forget I don't even want to call and reschedule. SO my question is Do you think she really needs a second shot since she already had 1? And did anyone else have to get 2 flu shots for there child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes, the first time you give the flu shot to a child they get 2 half doses. swallow your pride and call the doc. it's ok, they are used to dealing with humans, we all flake out sometimes.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 1:16 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Of course you need to take her back for the second shot. Im not sure if they have explained to you why this is but both of the shots actually only equal one but since she is so young they give half one day and the the other half at the later date. This is what was explained to my husband and I at that time so if you dont want her to catch the flu then I would definitely go back and get her the other half of her flu shot. I hope this helps you... and dont be imbarresed, just tell them that you forgot thats all and that you would like to reschedule asap.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I am the queen of flake out, no worries just call the dr
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• The doctor will not say a word to you. Just call and make the appointment.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 1:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• ok thanks I will I didn't know that they only got half a dose each time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• the 1st time they ever get a flu shot they get 2 after that only once a yr.
    just call and they might can get you in asap
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2008