What is the best cleaner to use on wood floors?

HuntersMom25

Asked by HuntersMom25 at 8:04 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I love Murphy's Oil Soap, and I also like Pine Sol.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:11 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• we just use water! not too much so the wood soaks it up, but if you have a good finish, you really don't need anything else.
    RJNEELEY

Answer by RJNEELEY at 8:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• A damp cloth. If it really needs a good cleaning I use diluted vinegar and water with a bit of orange essential oil. Sealed hardwoods don't require too much effort to keep clean. Just remember that if they are newer engineered floors that came individually presealed ~ do NOT use a wet mop on them.... moisture can get between the planks and cause damage. Old wood floors are sealed after installation so the seams are sealed with the finish.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Its not a cleaner but it works AMAZING! Its called the Shark it is a steamer mop! It cleans great and the best part it is completely safe, no harsh chemicals, and the steam drys so fast so you dont have to worry about the wood floors!

mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:13 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I really like the shark steam mop!!! It works and uses no chemicals!!!! Now it will take longer due to having to refill it and for heavy duty jobs you need to or should use distilled water.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:15 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Murphys Oil is what I use.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:18 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Depends on the floors finish. I most often use Murphys oil soap but Lemon Gold works well too
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 8:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2010