Moms of 5 or so month olds...

Do you have to distract baby with a toy or something to keep them still while you try and dress them? Or change their diaper? lol

My little man wants to touch this *roll to the left* and that *roll to the right* and this *roll on his belly* LOL!

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 8:31 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I take care of a baby who is always moving. I sing to him when I chnage his diaper. So far it stops him cold and he listens intently. Also, his parents have a few special little toys that are at the changing table. That is the only time he can look at them and it helps keep him still.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:34 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Mine tried it, but, he knew I meant business, because I would tell him no. LOL He also would sit still while I combed his hair too. I had him trained pretty quick I suppose. He sat still and would hold his legs up for a diaper change too...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:34 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Lol. Oh yes. Nothing distracts her long enough though. She is determined to roll over, it's her natural instinct. I wouldn't want to discourage her from reaching milestones. I've learnt to work around it. :)
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 9:00 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• LOL..no one is discouraging them from reaching milestones....by 5 months, mine had been rolling over for 3 months already.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oh I laugh at him and ask him where he is going so fast! lol, He giggles and goes in the other direction! :)
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• hahaha OMGosh, yea! My daughter will try to roll over every time now when I try to change her. It drives me insane lol I have to lay something she can play with next to her of give her a toy. It's normal when they are rolling over. My daughter has been rolling over since 2-3months so I don't see her stopping that anytime soon lol.
    ZammiesMommy

Answer by ZammiesMommy at 3:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2010