Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speedbump PIOG

My street is full of speeders all times of day and all types of weather. I checked into getting a speedbump put out but because of DOT restrictions its not possible. Can you ladies help me think of other ways to stop the speeding before someone is hurt?

Answer Question

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 8:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 18 (5,137 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Go paint a Trompe-l'œil kid on the street. Like they just put in Canada. LOL


    Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:40 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

  • BradenIsMySon

    Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:41 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

  • We used to stand out in the yard at night and scream for them to slow down. LOL Probably not the best thing to do but it let them know we were watching. I'm sorry you can't have speed bumps in your area. Many streets around us were able to get them with petitions. Could you ask for a kids at play sign? What about just complaining to the cops. I've done that in the past and they agreed to send someone to sit at the end of the street for a couple of days. If they do that every now and then people realize at any time there could be a cop sitting there waiting for them. Good luck !

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:08 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

  • A kid on our street was hit and killed by a guy who lived three houses down from us a couple years ago. He was flying down the road like many morons before him on our block have done. The kid ran out in front of him he was going too fast to stop and hit the child. So many were quick to demonize him and I pointed out to all of them they have drove to fast down our street and it could have been any one of them. They still had to move since our neighbors were so hateful to him, his wife and children. We did put up signs but a few of the people who demonized the guy who hit the kid still fly down the street. I want to put some spikes out when I see them coming. You can't do anything about self absorbed jerks. The cops do come out but people are back to their jerky ways soon after.


    Answer by tabekat at 11:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

  • Have you contacted your local police department? I know ours will do a traffic study, and there are neighborhoods here that do have speed bumps.

    Answer by gdiamante at 1:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

  • Contact the police department and make a complaint. Maybe get your neighbors to do the same...

    Answer by One-n-Counting at 5:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.