Home schooling ?

My 16yr old hates her school and wants to drop out. I have told her I will never put her in adult ed. I'm thinging of home school, but not sure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in

• Send your child to School.
    Sunshine2103

Answer by Sunshine2103 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I do send my child to school thank you...
    cquerec

Answer by cquerec at 10:13 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• look ay K12.... its school online...
    and before anyone says school online is not the same.. its how ALOT of adults get their college education.. I know a few people who take a good 95% of their college online & its just as hard as going to class..
    Just make sure she is ready to take responsibility of her education.. make it clear to her.. To homeschool you have to think & plan for yourself.. teachers are not going to be there to remind you what your assignments are.. and when things are due.. Kids dont realize how much they are babied in school.. (all the way to senior yr!).. Let her know if she fails or falls behind its only her fault and she will have no one "to place blame on" (like so many kids blame it on a bad teacher)...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:34 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• One of our children left HS at 16 and finished at the Learning Center. It was really good for him.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 1:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Have you considered transferring her to a charter school, either an online one or a traditional brick & mortar school? These schools tend to be smaller, with smaller class sizes & more individual attention from staff. Some of them even have a specific focus, like on the arts, science or mathematics, so she might be able to tailor her education closer to her own interests. And, because many of them are also public schools, your daughter would be able to attend at no cost to you (other than the usual field trips fees, etc.).
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• You could try online schooling. My niece has done it and really liked it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• K12 and Connections Academy are a great alternative!
    bluestarr80

Answer by bluestarr80 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• You can always check into online homeschooling.....we used K12 curriculum and they provided everything free of charge.
    semazani

Answer by semazani at 10:40 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• home school IS school
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2010