Does your child go to a good school? Complaints.

My son goes to a very good school but there's no diversity and the lunch options aren't that great. What complaints do you have of your kids schools? Oh.. and why isn't there an education section in answers, shopping and holidays is more important?!

mom-de-uno

Asked by mom-de-uno at 8:50 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We moved out of a worse neighborhood so my son could go to the best school in town. He is very smart and he wasn't being challanged at the other school, and he was being bullied because he was the white kid (he is mixed, but was whiter than everyone else). At his new school he is the black kid...lol Also, the teacher is so laid back, he gets in trouble every day for talking because no one takes her seriously. Also, I knew his teachers very well in his old school, here they act like they want nothing to do with the parents. At least he is the "cool kid" now, and doesn't have to worry about being bullied.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 8:55 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My son goes to an excellent school.
    My only complaint is that if I call and ask them to give him a message for me, they say they will, but he never gets the messages. So last week I texted him during the school day to tell him that his boss called and he didn't have to go to work straight from school, he could go in late and he had has phone taken away for the day because he felt his phone vibrate and checked his message during class, and then he got a detention. I wouldn't have to text him if they'd just give him the messages like they say they will. I was pissed!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:57 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My son goes to a really great school! My only complaint is that communication with parents is definitely not their strong point! But, honestly speaking he just moved up to the Middle School from the Elementary School last year, so that could honestly be just the difference in being at a "big kids" school where they expect the kids to communicate more about what is going on at school. The problem is, my son normally "remembers" things I would consider important like the day before, lol.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:15 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Our public school system is deplorable! We send our kids to Catholic school to avoid lack of a good education and elbow rubbing with the dregs of society. Sounds harsh I know, but if you spent a week in our neighborhood, you would feel the same way. I would love to move but can't afford it right now. Our house will be paid off in 6 yrs and then we will sell and get the hell outa Dodge!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• There's a Back to School section by the way...

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• one school aint any better than the others!! just raise ur children in a loving home & hope for the best & be there for them every step of the way! It all starts in the home!
    Sharon Ann L.

Answer by Sharon Ann L. at 11:09 AM on Sep. 18, 2010