How do you cook your turkey?

I cook mine in wine =) We cover it until the last half hour w/ tin foil and baste it every 1/2 hr with the wine. Its soooo yummy. We occasionally deep fry ours too.

Shellybelly420

Asked by Shellybelly420 at 8:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Smoke it all day.... mmmmmmmmmm
    cquerec

Answer by cquerec at 8:55 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Well the cooking time depends on how much the turkey weighs, but I fill up the bottom of the pan with water then I take insides out wash turkey and then add butter all over the turkey put tin foil over it and cook it is sooooo good and moist
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:55 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I smother it in butter and bast it every hour until it's done. Thanks now I want one!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I soak it in a flavorful brine overnight, then, depending on how large of a turkey I have will determine for how long I roast it..
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:59 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I put mine in a baking bag with Italian Dressing. Yummy!
    My favorite though is Deep Fried!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I put it in my electric roaster. Coat it with a little olive oil, and rub on whatever spices sound good. Stuff the cavity with quartered onions & apples. Add a little water to the bottom & replenish as needed (since roasters let steam out). Cook at 250 til it's nearing done, then up it to 350 for the last hour or two. If I had a small one, I'd do it in a metal cake pan in the oven, with foil over it the whole time - same temps as with the roaster.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 9:28 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I put butter in between the skin and meat. Stuff it with stuffing. Lightly cover it with tin foil and leave it along till the thing pops out. Every time it turns out so nice and juicy.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 17, 2010