Miscarriage, unsure where to turn...

I had a miscarriage in August, after finding out that my best friend and I were both due within a week of each other. It was a hard, but I though I was doing pretty well. My best friend called today, talking about feeling the baby move and I just lost it when I got off the phone. I hate feeling so sad watching her go through these happy stages knowing I should be there too. I respect her happiness too much to let her in on how hard it is for me- but she's the one person I could always talk to. My husband is the most wonderful man, though is very hard to talk to about this. If he can't 'fix' it or make me feel better, he's lost and ALWAYS ends up making me feel worse. My mother never had a miscarriage, and like so many other who've never experienced this, has no clue what to say to me. I feel trapped in my own worst nightmare with no one to talk to- I am ok, I just would like some advice on self soothing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sorry to hear about your lose i know how it is if you want to talk feel free and message me
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 2:22 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I just want to give you a big hug!! I have not had a miscarriage but it can happen to ANY of us so my heart just goes out to you. I am sure it has got to be a very alienating feeling. You can always talk to us. This place has saved me several times before. Sometimes I just need to cry and I can always find support for that here.
    Good luck, sweetie. Truly.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 3:30 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I am so sorry for your loss. I misscarried in March while my sister-in-law was prgo. I understand where your BF is coming from b/c my SIL did the same thing. Then in April she asked me if I was still throwing her baby shower. I did and I was asked whn I was due and all I wanted to do was cry. My husband couldn't talk to me with ou making me cry all the time but I had family and friends that held me up. Lean on your Husband and talk to each other. Never keep the feelings inside. After my niece was born though I feel so blessed b/c my SIL lets me hold and love her all the time and it is a great feeling. Maybe that is why your BF is keeping you informed to keep you a part of it to try to help you thruogh this really hard time just talk to her. If you ever need to talk write me:) Good Luck!
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 6:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• im am so sorry for your loss....

it was hard for me to i was able to put it at ease a little bit by having what some say might be weird but a small memorial service if with family n friends or alone with hubby say a prayer write a verse out of the bible down plant a flower write a poem down and put it in a place that when ever u feel down go n recite the poem and verse and say another prayer

it has helped me out

my dr at that time says if its your first there always that chance not everyone has it happen but there is always a reason for everything
    gods blessings and i hope this helps a little i know it cant help get rid of all the pain but i hope i can help with it just a little
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 6:08 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I know how you feel. My best friend and I were due 4 days apart. I was due on June 20th and she on June 24th. I went into labor at 5 months and ended up having the baby. :( Its still not easy being around her and the baby, knowing that I should have a 4 month old right now, along with her. It has gotten somewhat easier with time though. It will always hurt no matter what. God has a plan for everything, and you have to remember that. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and if you ever need to talk , feel free to message me!! :-) Keep your head up, God will help you through it!
    collinjs15

Answer by collinjs15 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 18, 2008