MY BF DOESN'T BUY ME FLOWERS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN WE WERE DATING HE USED TO BUY ME FLOWERS ALL THE TIME! AND WHEN WE GOT TOGETHER HE JUST STOPPED. WOULD I BE WRONG IF I BOUGHT A BOUQUET OF FLOWERS AND SENT IT TO MYSELF AND TO HIM A SECRET ADMIRER GAVE THEM TO ME????? I MISS HIM SENDING ME FLOWERS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• I would tell him to buy you flowers. Let him know how much you miss that, how much those flowers meant to you. Discuss it. Sending flowers to yourself is passive/aggressive and cruel to him.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 2:18 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Oh no! No more flowers! Poor you! You are so neglected.

Is this a man?
    OOHPFG

Answer by OOHPFG at 2:20 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• OK (OOHPFG) YOU WERE COMPLETELY RUDE AND THAT COMMENT WAS UNNECASARY (SP.) GETTING FLOWERS IS A NICE GESTURE AND ONE THAT I ALSO MISS. WELL, NOT MISS SO MUCH AS MY BF NEVER REALLY HAS DONE THAT, BUT WISH HE WOULD DO. I WOULD TRY TO TELL HIM HOW MUCH GETTING FLOWERS WOULD MEAN TO YOU. MOST MEN JUST DONT THINK TO DO THOSE THINGS ONCE THEY ARE WITH A GIRL. THEY JUST FORGET THAT THEY NEED TO CONTINUE TO TRY AND "WIN" HER. I WOULDNT DO THE SENDING URSELF FLOWERS AS IT COULD BACKFIRE. MAYBE TELL HIM HOW ONE OF UR FRIENDS/COWORKERS GOT FLOWERS AND HOW AWESOME SHE FELT. KINDA HINT AT IT. I HAVE EVEN TOLD MY BF, HEY ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE YOU GOT ME SOME FLOWERS I WOULD REALLY LIKE IT IF YOU WOULD PICK SOME OR PICK SOME UP (I PREFER THEM PICKED)
    alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 2:46 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Maybe he's broke like the rest of America??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Tell him "Honey, you used to do this and it made me feel special and desirable. When you did that all I wanted was to make love to you. Now you've stopped. I don't want to be one of those couples that get bored with each other." DO IT otherwise fast forward 20 years and it occurs to you one day that you have not had a passionate kiss in so long you can't remember. Not even joking.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 3:52 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• GIRL IT MIGHT COST HIM TO MUCH MONEY RIGHT NOW OR HE IS BORED WITH IT ! JUST ASK HIM WHY HE HAS NOT DONE IT ? IT'S OK YOU DON'T NEED FLOWERS TO TELL YOU HE LOVES YOU ! MOVE ON JUST HIS LOVE SHOULD BE ENOUGH NOW !!!
    sweetchrissy

Answer by sweetchrissy at 4:06 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I don't get flowers much anymore either. But he does other little things for me. Giving our son a bath for me, cleaning up the house, bringing home takeout when he knows I've had a rough day, etc...But if it bothers you, just casually mention it to him.
    megs1228

Answer by megs1228 at 8:48 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My boyfriend has never given me flowers...and I'm okay with it. I mean, it would be nice, but they'll just die anyway, yanno? I appreciate the stuff he does for me, like buying the food we eat and paying for the place we live in. If it bothers you, you should just straight up tell him that he used to do it for you and you really loved it when he did. Make him feel guilty for not doing it anymore :P
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:54 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Just talk to him about it and let him know how much you enjoy getting flowers from him. If that's the biggest problem that you have in your relationship, then you should consider yourself very lucky!!! I personally could care less about my fiance getting me flowers. He's done it a few times and I appreciated it, but I would much rather get something more sentimental from him, something that he knows that I really love or enjoy...Just talk to him, cuz if you keep quiet he'll never know that this bothers you!
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I wouldn't either seeing how things are too pricey now. Get over it. Flowes don't mean a thing. Love does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2008