i always think my boyfriend is cheating on me. how can i stop this and just be able to trust him?

relationships, cheating, boyfriend

melissa089

Asked by melissa089 at 2:21 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• That would depend on whether or not he cheats. Is he creeping or are you a little psycho? If it's you, just don't say anything to him anymore. Even if you feel he is cheating, just keep your mouth shut and he'll appreciate the peace. If he's not mad anymore because you were accusing him wrongly, he'll be more attentive to you and it will calm your fears. If he's creeping, I don't know what to tell you, ignoring it would be like putting your head in the sand. I'd figure out if the problem is with him or with you, then you'll know how to proceed.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Need a little more info. If he's cheated on you in the past, I can understand you being on guard and having a hard time trusting. But this is not a healthy way to have a relationship. If you want to stay with him and be happy, you have to learn to forgive and trust. If he's giving you no reason to trust him, you are better off without. You will just be a crazy woman all the time. And chances are, if you suspect he's cheating and he's showing all the signs, he just might be!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 4:47 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Hi there, I have the same problem as you, and I'm supposed to be marrying the guy in a few months, I don't have any answers for you, because I'm asking the same questions myself, but just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. It's enuf to drive you crazy always thinking that way. Well, if you get any good advice from anyone, please let me know. I'd love to overcome this feeling that I have.
    Anonymous

• What you need to figure out is why you are mistrustful. Has he ever given you reason to be? If not, then you need to explore why you feel the way you do...and hopefully in understanding comes peace. When you find yourself doubting him, stop and ask yourself if there is any legitimate reason to, and if not, then force yourself to let it go. Remind yourself how much you love him and why, and tell yourself that he doesn't deserve to be treated that way. It's not easy, but it can be done. Trust, believe it or not, is a willful choice...we choose to give our trust to someone. It is a gift. But you have to give it with your whole heart and if you can't, you need to find out why.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• amen to jespeach's comment!
    Anonymous