For you ladies with a hubby overseas or locked up.... cheating?

I have no desire to cheat but I hear about women doing it all the time. What do you do?

mamakrysoftwo

Asked by mamakrysoftwo at 8:57 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• when i was married, husband was working out of stae for months
    i did not cheat
    but he did
    he is an ex now

i always thought that if a person was going to cheat, they will cheat, if spouse is around or not
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• noone should not cheat if you not happy than leave the relationship or talk about it or go see someone my ex husband cheating so many time and than he had a baby with this lady i left so now i don;t trust to many people ....
    china682

Answer by china682 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I don't understand why it happens so often. My husband just returned from a year overseas and I never thought once about cheating on him. He has 3 guys that were there with him in the middle of divorces now because of wives cheating...2 of them got pregnant while they were away! I surround myself with friends and get all of the support I need from them, I don't need another man just because mine is away.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• @foxracing I agree totally.
    mamakrysoftwo

Comment by mamakrysoftwo (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My husband works in another counrty every other month.. He has for the past five years.. There is no cheating, by him or me.. What is the point of being married if you have no intention of being faithful?
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 10:00 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Ren tht sounds nice what does he do? My hubby is gone up to 6 mos at a time
    mamakrysoftwo

Comment by mamakrysoftwo (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My hubby was deployed this past year. I finally came to the realization as to why some, not all, women cheat when their hubby's are deployed. I think, and this is MY opinion, that they get lonely. They aren't getting the attention they need, and even though they KNOW it's cause hubby is deployed, it just doesn't click, for some deranged reason. They get selfish. They need attention, and seek it. I did get lonely when he was gone, despite the fact we talked every day. I didn't have him beside me at night. I didn't have him physically there with me when medical probs came up, when big probs with the kids came up. It would have been nice to have someone there. I could have had someone there had I chose to. But I didn't. In the long run, it would have made things worse. And that's what the cheating women don't consider. That it may feel good NOW, but in the long run, it won't. They can't stick it out. I did, plenty do. Cont..
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• we had a prison clause....
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• So, I can understand the WHY of why some do, but I don't excuse it. And I personally feel that they just should not be married to someone in the military if they cannot handle being a military wife.
    I feel this way, if you are going to be married, be married. Don't put yourself in situations where you will be tempted. And you will know those situations. A year may seem like along time, but it's not really. Not when you plan on being married for the rest of your life.
    Cheaters just, IDK. They don't think. Although, some just cheat. I had a neighbor that though ALL military folk cheated. She just assumed everyone had a f*ck buddy. She did, even when she was preggo. Which I suppose, was why her kids were so mucked up. And abusive. You sew what you reap, right?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Thanks raine
    mamakrysoftwo

Comment by mamakrysoftwo (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Sep. 17, 2010