I want to homeschool my daughter for Pre-K.

What do I need to do, regarding curriculum and what do they need to know before starting Kindergarten?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My friend sent her son to a pre-K program and he was not well prepared for kindergarten. She expected the program to teach her son and did not work with him at home. I am amazed on what is needed to know by the time they enter Kindergarten ABC recognize the letters, write their name first and last, know shapes, can count & recognize numbers 1-20.cut with scissors. My boys have great social skills learned from playing at the park with other children, most of their learning is fun through play, when they are playing with their cars they are learning their colors. I take them to our local library Saturdays for a story and Craft time. I read to them daily we do tons of arts and crafts together. They know their ABC'S can count to 10, know their colors, and shapes. Were working on writing their name and recognizing numbers and letters. I believe a child's first and most important teacher is at home.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 2:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• You can go to the HSLDA site and it has laws and regulations for all the states.

http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:23 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• When did preschool become this required thing? My children won't go to preschool and I'm not worried about it. I let them learn at their own rate. We read together and my son has taught himself to write, so I figure there's no way he'll be behind.

Young children learn best through play, and I'm not about to force my 3 year old to sit and take classes. That can wait until kindergarten.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 9:47 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Come here:
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/699

and then search posts for "prek"
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 11:50 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Its called being a parent at pre-K level not homeschool. alphabet, writing, colors, cutting, shapes, numbers, animals, occupations, family, manners
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 1:52 PM on Oct. 18, 2008