When?

When can you start to feel the baby move? I sometimes feel like I can feel the baby moving when I lay down right before I go to sleep. Is this possible when you are fifteen weeks pregnant? And how far along do you have to be when you can find out the sex of your baby?

CarleeDalene

Asked by CarleeDalene at 2:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i think i was around 20 weeks when i started feeling something. either that or i wanted to feel it so much that i imagined it lol. and around 20 weeks you can also find out the sex sometimes earlier.
    melissa089

Answer by melissa089 at 2:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• You can feel the baby move by 15 weeks! They will start out making you think you are imagining them, but get stronger over time and then you will know that the early ones really were movements. :)
    Congrats.
    ANd most people have to wait until their 20wk ultrasound to tell the sex. If you are skinny, you doc might ok one a few weeks earlier, but the ultrasound isn't to find out the sex, it's to check developmental milestones. Finding out is just a perk!
    mileymoo

Answer by mileymoo at 2:29 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• That's your little soccer player! You feel it stronger over the next month, but that's definitely your child. Isn't it exciting! Knowing there's a person living in your belly. That's good stuff :)
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:46 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• 15 sounds about right, should feel like bubbles popping or a butterfly :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• In my opinion this varies just like most things do in pregnancy. Some women don't feel their babies moving until around 20 - 24 weeks, when they do feel their babies move they might think back and go...hey maybe those "gas bubbles" I felt before where actually the baby?? At first it feels like a fish is swimming inside you swoosh, flutters, bubbles, I love that first feeling, I anxiously await it everytime!!!!
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 7:48 AM on Oct. 18, 2008