Did I do the right thing?

I finally left my ex husband for calling me and our oldest daughter a whore and a slut. That we are worthless .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• YES!!! A man that loves the both of you would never say such things. Move on to bigger and better things!!!
    And SMILE!!
    Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:33 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• You need to be respected in a marriage, and it is obvious he didn't respect you. Now if you left after he said it in one fight I would say you were jumping the gun. However, I doubt that, and I think that you know what you are doing. :) Good luck with your new found independence.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 2:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Whoa...... Strong negative opinion he has there! Don't question yourself - stay strong, you did what you did because you know it was the right thing and if you think about it from the outside if you knew someone this happened too what would you tell them to do, you'd tell them the same. You did awesome. Be good to yourselves he obviously wasn't.
    notjustamom380

Answer by notjustamom380 at 2:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I'm sure there's more to the story than that, but whatever it is, if you follow your heart you'll be fine. Your urge to protect your child is a good one and that is never a mistake. Good luck to you!!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:37 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Yes. Once people in the relationship start with the very cruel and hurtful accusations and name calling. Your a whore, your a bad mother, etc. I truly believe you are at the point of no return.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 4:52 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Yes, of course you did the right thing. You must know your daughter deserves better than that, surely you know that....but it doesn't sound like you know that YOU deserve better than that too. You do.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:26 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• You did exactly what you needed to do!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2008