How much do you spend on little town festivals?

Our town is having a little festival, like Octoberfest only in September. Not much really, just some blow up rides, animal pettings, childish games, face painting and food. Just raising money for the town. But it can be expensive. How much would you set as a limit.

Carol936

Asked by Carol936 at 9:07 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Entertainment

• That depends, how many family members, how many children of what age? If you have little kids feed them before you go and set a limit of around 50 bucks, for older kids such as pre-teens or teenagers you won't get by so cheaply.
    RosieCheeks64

Answer by RosieCheeks64 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I don't do all the food stands. I'm more prone to spend the money on the local group booths, like if the high school having a bake sale. I would put a $20-$30 limit on the money.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Most of the things that go on in our town are free. Eat before hand pack some snacks and you don't have to spend anything.

martat

Answer by martat at 9:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• We usually feed the kids before we leave (and ourselves) and pack drinks for the kids. I do know that if hubby and I have a few drinks and the kids ride rides, the money flies pretty quick. Our town just held a 3 day festival, and I don't think we spent $50.
    OTZMom

Answer by OTZMom at 9:37 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• We spent $50 at our small town's annual Broiler Festival. We went on armband night--$15 to ride as much as you want. Rides for tickets are at least $2 a ride??? That's crazy! But, anyways it's always way too much!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 9:57 AM on Sep. 17, 2010