Any one know of any actual work from home type jobs...not scams.

I am not looking to make a ton of money just like $100-200 a week if that. But it seems like most are scams...I just really want to continue to work PT and maybe find something to do at home...I love being able to spend time with my daughter. Not work from 7-5 and have to put her to bed at 8 :(
Just wondering if anyone knows of any that aren't scams...Thanks gals

(I am a CNA and starting RN school in the Spring...So I will have to cut my hours then anyway and would be able to maybe do more time at a work from home type job)

hippimomma8582

Asked by hippimomma8582 at 9:07 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• Most work from home jobs require you to have a set schedule and it be noise free during those hours. So, that's something to keep in mind. I know there is a cafemom on here that has a list of companies that hire at home workers. The only one that comes to my mind right now is Convergys, but you have to meet their computer specifications and my brand new upgraded computer did not meet it. Have you thought about starting your own virtual office assistant business? You could market to the local businesses in your area and if they have extra work or if someone is out that day and they need a report typed up, then you could do that for them. You could charge per hour or per assignment.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:15 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Im going to message you
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:27 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I totally agree with the first response. A job is going to require you to log in at certain hours, have silence and other restrictions. For me a Home business worked best because I needed the flexibility of working whenever and for it to be ok that my girlies(2 & 1) are talking/playing in the background :-).

You just have to see what works best for you. My home Business is Ameriplan and we have an A rating with the BBB and are associated with some great companies like WalMart, Target, Lens Crafters, Disney, The FBI and so many more.

Good Luck! Ask lots of questions and ALWAYS make sure there is a service/product that is being offered :-)

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 10:04 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• If you have any interest in freelance writing, let me know. I just started doing that myself. It's not get rich quick and you do have to be patient as you build up your portolio and readership. But if you enjoy writing, it's fun, and it looks great on a resume, too.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• well job there is a great group on here headed by gdimom, called legit jobs. they have great jobs listed. i work for a text handling company answering text messages and its great plus i love gpts and i run a small direct sales business from home. check out my journal "how i make money from home"
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• https://my2scents.scentsy.us

Let me know if you have any questions.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 4:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 18 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 6:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I have some ideas and opportunities in my Blog:  Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to http://www.ivaa.org/ , http://www.iavoa.com/ , http://www.vanetworking.com/
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching; additionally, I handle the business end of my spouse's business, and do medical billing and coding one day a week.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• check out my journal.. how i work from home.. i do gpt, a business and a job.. all on my schedule!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010