What are the best diapers for babies?

I would like to know which is the best diaper for a new baby?

NanaJoan2007

Asked by NanaJoan2007 at 3:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pampers swaddlers are sooooo soft!! I made the mistake of using huggies first because EVERYBODY in my family who had children used huggies. Now I'm switching to Pampers because I think it makes him much more comfortable. But I do use Huggies wipes because Pampers wipes are too wet.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 3:33 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• We've always used Huggies Ultratrim, the regular ones, not Supreme. Love them!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Pampers.

But all those 'new' absorbent diapers make it hard to potty train the baby. Because they cant feel it anymore, that they are wet. Those new diapers make sure the baby stays dry... or at least as much dry as possible.

Well of course I still use Pampers, but it makes hard on potty training
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:55 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Well, for a new baby I dont' think it matters how dry or not dry it is...but around 2 you can put them in underwear and when they wet they will not like it! But honestly for new baby, I used size N in Huggies, whatever you do don't buy the cheapies unless you want to put rash cream on their butt :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Pampers all the way!! I tried every single diaper before pampers and hated them. My son is 18 months old and I have never had a leak in pampers (only in the other ones).
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 8:44 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Don't know about "best", but I've used 'Target' brand for both my last two kids. They seem to be the best 'generic' brand that I've found out there, and they are cheaper than most of the others as well. You can get a box of like 104 for $13.99, or 80 for $10.49 and I think you get more in the newborn boxes. As far as absorbancy goes, they are right up there with all the pricey name brand diapers. (just my opinion)
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Pampers! The hospital I had my son at used Pampers Swaddlers. They gave us diapers to take home but after they were all gone we decided to find a cheaper brand. We tried Luvs & they don't stretch enough, the Parents Choice brand worked well until he started peeing more & they started leaking. We just switched him to Pampers Cruisers last month because every other diaper leaked. We never tried Huggies, I've always loved the Pampers. Plus, they smell good like they're scented.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 10:30 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• We use cloth... but for the first couple of weeks I like the swadlers too.
    sscar_az

Answer by sscar_az at 12:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• when i got out the hospital after giving birth to my daughter, they gave me pampers swadlers. they are super sft. LOVE THEM!.they kinda got like a little nice smell to them. my daughter is now going to be 8 months and we use huggies now. they are good. i think you should use pampers when the baby is new born and huggies when the baby gets older.
    ABBY90

Answer by ABBY90 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• goodmamas

thegoodmama.com

the bestest
    JenW777

Answer by JenW777 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2008