Transverse baby at 35 weeks. Is there still hope?

So I'm 35 weeks prego with my second child and my baby is sideways. His head is on my right side and his little butt is near my pelvis wrapping around to my left side. I never had this problem with my first child but I've been reading stories about transverse babies at this stage are not likely to move positions. Has anyone been this far in pregnancy before and had their baby move into the right position? I have my next checkup in a week and my doctor is hoping the baby will move but Im not too sure.

JenniFerKroeum

Asked by JenniFerKroeum at 9:37 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no i have not but GL and hope baby turns
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 9:39 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I was in labor with a transverse baby. They were able to cause the baby to turn by manipulation, thank God, so no C section, but it was VERY uncomfortable, even painful. A really weird sensation when the baby turned too
    cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 9:45 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I found out my baby was completely breech at 36 weeks. I started doing things to encourage turning. At 37 weeks he was still completely breech. I continued my exercises. At 38 weeks he had turned into head down. He was born at exactly 39 weeks weighing 8 lbs. 1 oz. So, he was a big baby and still managed to do a flip in there! I'm only 5'4". There's hope for you! Good luck!
    OTZMom

Answer by OTZMom at 9:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• it still has time to move try get on all fours ppl say it helps baby turn try cleaning floors and stuff :)
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Get on your hands and knees and arch and lower your back. Do this several times a day for as long as it takes. It will help.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:09 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes there is hope! A friend of mine had her 1st baby almost 3 months ago. He was breech the whole time. At about 37 weeks they tried an external version (her words, basically where docs try to maneuver the baby's position by pushing it) but it failed. She was scheduled for a c-section at 39weeks 4days, but when she went in that morning they did a last minute ultrasound and found that the baby had flipped on his own between 37 & 39 weeks. She was able to wait til she went into labor naturally and had him vaginally like she wanted. There is hope!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:39 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Go see a chiropractor. And there are lots of suggestions that you can find online for getting a baby to turn. Best of luck to you!
    joyful_mama

Answer by joyful_mama at 11:35 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Thank you all for your insight, I read on line about going to to see a chiropractor and trying the "webster technique". If the baby hasn't turned by my next appointment I'm going to try this!
    JenniFerKroeum

Comment by JenniFerKroeum (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Oh wow.... yes, u still have 5 weeks for that baby to move... get out and do ALOT of brisk walking.... it will help the baby to rotate and drop into position... walk walk walk is all I can say... plus if worst comes to worst they can rotate ur baby themselves by maniplulation
    momma_alie20

Answer by momma_alie20 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My son turned sideways at 37 weeks. I would have your dr do an ultra sound to make sure the baby is ok because my son would try to turn and i could feel him. It turned out he had the umbilical cord around his neck 3 times. I kept telling the dr something was wrong but he wouldn't look.

Before you try to move the baby please have an ultra sound done!! I was scared to have a c-section but it was so easy and i felt like nothing had happened 2 days later.
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2010