Do you have assigned chores for your kids?

i.e. make bed, pickup clothes, empty dishwasher, take out trash, cleanup after themselves, set table, clear off table

emerald53197

Asked by emerald53197 at 9:54 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I have six grandsons and all of them have assigned chores. They are not always done to perfection, but they are expected to try. My son was a neat freak, so he really expects a clean house. Whew!!
    binky4me

Answer by binky4me at 2:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My kids are responsible for cleaning up after themselves and taking care of their things so that entails a lot of chores (making beds, cleaning counters if they make a mess, doing their own laundry or, at the least, folding and putting it away, etc). They are also learning to clean the bathroom since they now have their own. I'm not their maid and refuse to go around the house cleaning up after them when they make a mess.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:14 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• They know they always have to clean up after themselves. There's 7 of them so it's the only way to keep the house clean!!

There aren't assigned chores for them, whatecer I need help with.
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 9:56 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Absolutely! My 9 and 10 year old each sweep the kitchen floor 2 nights/week, do one load of laundry/week, clean and vacuum their own rooms plus one more of my choosing, dust a room in the house in addition to their bedroom, take out the trash and each clean their bathroom (sink and toilet, I still do the tubs).

Answer by missanc at 9:56 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My five year old is actually better at chores than my 16 & 17 year olds.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:57 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes my 5 year old does the silver wear, the bathroom trash, put her cloths away, set the table, clean her room, help clean the play room. THe 2 yo has putting her cloths away, and helps me put away the pots and pans, cleans her room and helps to clean the play room.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My 2 yo helps with laundry, cleans her room, and cleans up her toys from around the house as well as helping with any thing else I have her do.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My 10 year old is responsible for his bedroom and his bathroom. He also has to put away all his own toys/games. He is responsible for making sure all of his stuff gets put where it should be.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:41 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• absofreakinlutely!!
    CFMPprincess

Answer by CFMPprincess at 6:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes I do. But my 6 year old helps better than my 13, and 11 year old.
    virgomom95

Answer by virgomom95 at 7:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2010