Will you be at the MILLION MODERATE MARCH?

Comedy Central funnymen Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert have announced dueling rallies in Washington D.C. in an apparent attempt to poke fun at the sometimes self-important and serious tone of political discourse in America.

On Thursday's "The Daily Show," Stewart said he'd host the "Rally to Restore Sanity" on Oct. 30 on the National Mall. He said the goal was to "take it down a notch for America."

The jokester also called for a "Million Moderate March," where Stewart hopes to garner the "70-to-80% of Americans who aren't extremists on the right or left."

The call to rally is apparently a play on Fox talk show host Glenn Beck, who hosted a highly-publicized "Restoring Honor" rally in D.C. less than three weeks ago.

It was slammed by critics who were furious about the event's timing and location: the 47th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream speech," at the same spot it was delivered.

Not to b

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL that's funny. It is true that you get a skewed view...there are a lot of people in the middle that just quietly vote and go on their merry way. It's the loudmouths on both sides that give the impression that either you are a Nazi or a Commie. And yes, for those who would jump on my comment...I consider myself a loudmouth on the left side. :)
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:19 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• well personally I dont think whats going on in our country is very funny right now. But to each their own, I would love to see if he could have a march nearly as succesful as Glen Becks was, I really doubt it. Also I dont understand how Jon stewart is doing a moterate march considering he is an ultra liberal.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:08 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I love both thoseguys! I'd say that they both made some good points, and hopefully, people will catch on to the sarcasm. "Keep fear alive"....Steven Colbert's march, is the one that really hit the mark!
    Colbert is my ideal man...Jon Stewart too, because there are some fine minds behind their humor and spoofing. (A man's mind and intelligence and sense of humor mean so much more , are so much sexier, than those big muscle-bound, beer-drinkin', so-called macho men who have tiny brains and no sense of humor.)

If I could, if it happened, I would go....LOL. to either rally. I sure do believe in " Take it down a notch for America". Yup....I probably tend a little more toward the left but I am a moderate. Never conservative.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• They are not making fun of people who believe in god, they are making fun of hate mongers.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• They are both hilarious. I love them!!!

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• People declare bankruptcy in this country everyday because of health care. It is a problem economically.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Gerti and sweet n sour, you two do realize Colbert is a republican don't you?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:53 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• hey are not making fun of people who believe in god, they are making fun of hate mongers.
    ..................................................................
    OH I see, people like you?

gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• OMG! What the hell happened to this post. To everyone, it is obvious that Colbert is a liberal minded person. Please reference "sarcasm" in the dictionary. To everyone, MOST of the people in the country are moderate. Trying to pin them down as lib or Pub would depend on which questions you ask. Most reports show dems with a higher approval than republicans. http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_rep.htm

http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_dem.htm

Looks like sweet is right. 

stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• ITA Stacy-the bulk of Americans are more toward the middle- No matter what anyone sitting at the poles thinks. Little clean humor never hurt anyone- sticks and stones vs words.....................

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:28 AM on Sep. 17, 2010