Does anyone have a "favorite" child? One that you cater to more than the other?

nehi81

Asked by nehi81 at 10:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, I do.. wait, he's an ONLY does that count lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:04 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• my fav right now is the baby,only because he can't talk back,fall in the floor,and in general be a pain in my but. LOL we'll see who it is when he's older.
    onewife

Answer by onewife at 10:04 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No...I love and cater to mine equally, but differently.

My mom played favorites and it was really upsetting. Always said I wouldn't do that and haven't so far. It's tough sometimes when one is being especially challenging (my 5yo daughter these days), but I don't.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 10:07 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• my hubby does its the younger dh and he says so to the older ds and i get so mad when he does it i love my boys equally
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:07 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No. I have one that I feel 'closer' to, like there is some invisible bond there and we understand each other better, but I don't feel like I love him more than my other children.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:08 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• With 5 kids it depends on the day and who is getting on my nerves and who does what they can to help. I love Reba's line from her show. Have I told you you're my favorite? She has said this to each of her kids at different times.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I love my boys equally just differently. I also cater to them equally but in different ways. I don't favor one more or give one any more time or material things than I do the other.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I only have one, so yes, he is my favorite ;)
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I don't have a favorite... but i can tell that some of their grandparents do, which is really bothersome at times.
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 11:30 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Nope. I have 5. I love them equally, but in different ways because they are different people.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2010