Would you consider this indoctrination?

If your Child was to spend the night or eat dinner at our house, and witness us praying before we eat or go to bed. Then later ask questions about why and we answer just the questions as simply as we can.

oldermomof5

Asked by oldermomof5 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 17, 2010 in Religious Debate

• As long as there is no gospel singers coming in and missionaries trying to tell my kids believe or go to hell than a bit of education never hurt. A simple we believe in x and that is why we do yand z is a good thing.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No, I would like to be aware of your practices before my child spent the night at your house though, so I could address the issue beforehand.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Everyone will be exposed to other beliefs, thoughts, feelings their whole life. As long as the family wasn't telling my child that they are wrong for what we believe then there is nothing wrong with answering quesitons in simplicity.
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 10:41 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• well wouldn't you normally know the person well before you let your child stay at their house? so if my kids were to stay at your house i should know that you do that.

but if that were the case and i didn't know you that well, then no.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No, I would not.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

^^This.^^
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:19 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• no
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

This gets a thumbs up from me too.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• No, I don't think a one time occurrence counts as indoctrination.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• What Roisin and gypsymama said. If they see you guys doing it and ask it isn't a big deal. If you insist my child participate while they are under your roof we would have issues. Now my child might participate out of respect but it should be their choice and not mandated at all.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2010